- 17 from ’17: A linky with Where Wishes Come From
- Bubble Bum Inflatable Booster Seat [Review and Giveaway]
- Factors to consider when picking a resort for a family ski holiday
- Finding our after-school balance (and why doing nothing is a perfectly acceptable after-school activity)
- Boots Maternity and Infant Best Parenting Blog Award
- The day Shawn Mendes taught my daughter an amazing life lesson
- 10 Things for kids to do in Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- The Croke Park Stadium Tour
- Tips for making the most of a day out at Tayto Park
- 10 Kids TV characters you will love to hate as a parent
About Learner Mama
Hi! I’m Lucy aka Learner Mama! I am Irish and live in Dublin. I am married with three beautiful kids and while I used to work full-time I recently took a career break from work. Why? Because I wanted to spend time with my kids while they are young – time flies and they grow fast. Of course I also wanted to spend more time blogging my way through the experience.
When I first became pregnant I hadn’t a clue! In fact I hadn’t even held a newborn baby. Had I bought a car I would have had to get a license to ensure I was competent to drive and until that time signal my inexperience with a large “L” plate. Yet here I was with a new life developing within me and no one was going to stop me!
I managed to feel my way through pregnancy and before I knew it I was left holding the baby – literally. As a new mum I was on a steep learning curve but gradually got into the swing of things. By the time I fell pregnant on my second I felt a new sense of confidence. I knew what to expect (generally) and was more relaxed.
Had I known the things I knew on my second the first time around the first experience would have been so much easier! Of course by number three I am now starting to develop my confidence in myself as a mother – in the same way that after passing my driving test and driving for a number of years I feel relatively confident behind the wheel.
So, in the hope that I can provide some tips and guidance to any new mums or mums-to-be through my own experiences Learner Mama was born.
If there is anything you would like to see on the site or if you have any feedback please contact me.