- The day Shawn Mendes taught my daughter an amazing life lesson
- 10 Things for kids to do in Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- The Croke Park Stadium Tour
- Tips for making the most of a day out at Tayto Park
- 10 Kids TV characters you will love to hate as a parent
- Five things to do for kids in Dungarvan, Co Waterford
- A Guide to C-Sections
When is the best time to….you know…..DTD!
DTD…..Doing the deed….having sex, whatever you like to call it, if you have read my top tips for getting pregnant then you will know that sex, the timing of sex and knowing your cycle are key to successful conception and therefore getting pregnant.
So let’s take someone with a standard 28 day cycle. Ovulation occurs 14 days before your next cycle so day 14 would be predicted to be a fertile day as ovulation should be occurring that day. Now it’s almost impossible to tell the exact time the egg is released and given it only tends to hang about for around 24 hours it doesn’t leave a lot of room for error. This is where the male sperm comes in. Thankfully they can hang around a little longer and last for about 3-5 days.
With all that in mind the best time to have sex is just before you think you are due to ovulate. I would recommend 2 days before hand, then again on the day and just in case something happened to delay ovulation 2 days after also.
This should leave plenty of sperm hanging around waiting for the moment the egg pops out! Hopefully resulting in a successful pregnancy!