- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City with Kids Part Two: Where We Stayed and Ate
- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City With Kids Part One: Getting There
- Our Family Trip to Berlin
- Packing Essentials for a Family Ski Holiday
- The Big (and Not So Big) Move
- The day Shawn Mendes taught my daughter an amazing life lesson
- 10 Things for kids to do in Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- The Croke Park Stadium Tour
- Tips for making the most of a day out at Tayto Park
- 10 Kids TV characters you will love to hate as a parent
Motherhood without Calpol and Nurofen……
I’m trying to imagine life as a mother without ease of access to Calpol (paracetamol) and Nurofen (Ibuprofen)…….I can’t! There are moments in my motherhood career where I stop to truly appreciate the magic of modern over the counter pediatric drugs.
I am having one such moment today. Two of three kids have relied on both this week. Being vomited on in the middle of the night and fumbling for a thermometer only to realise we were faced with fever suddenly reminds us of the joys of these medical marvels! Within 30 mins peace was restored – as was a normal temperature!
Many new parents are weary of dosing their little on with such medication. I was on my first but i have over the years come to realise that if I have a headache I don’t hesitate to reach for two paracetamol so why should I hesitate for my baby?
Two essentials in any mum’s drugs cabinet – paracetamol and Ibuprofen. My brands of choice are Calpol and Nurofen but whatever form get it in stock!
On a final note, if like me you are at some point faced with a baby who refuses to take medicine by the spoon – fear not – these medications also come in suppository form. Ten minutes after inserting a Nurofen suppository and my little ones are usually bouncing around like new – just watch the explosive nappy that may follow!!!