- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City with Kids Part Two: Where We Stayed and Ate
- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City With Kids Part One: Getting There
- Our Family Trip to Berlin
- Packing Essentials for a Family Ski Holiday
- The Big (and Not So Big) Move
- The day Shawn Mendes taught my daughter an amazing life lesson
- 10 Things for kids to do in Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- The Croke Park Stadium Tour
- Tips for making the most of a day out at Tayto Park
- 10 Kids TV characters you will love to hate as a parent
A wet start to the day….and I’m not talking weather!
Today is a tough day. It’s the first proper day back to work after the Christmas and New Year holidays. It’s the first day back at school and the first day with our minder back in charge!
We knew that getting out of bed and getting back to our military operation of a routine was going to hurt and hurt hard!
Preparations for the morning did not go as expected. The kids were at their cousin’s birthday party and all three of them fell asleep in the car on the way home – at 5pm!! Name a worse time to fall asleep on an evening we were trying to get them off early and back into routine.
Finally we had all three off to sleep by 9.15pm. We did as much of the preparations as we could for the morning and headed off to bed. Everyone slept soundly until I was awoken at 5.45am, and found myself immersed in a pool of 3 year old pee.
My little man is fond of creeping into our bed at 5 or 6am. Of course this morning he decided to creep in without taking a detour to the toilet!
Roll on bedtime tonight!