- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City with Kids Part Two: Where We Stayed and Ate
- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City With Kids Part One: Getting There
- Our Family Trip to Berlin
- Packing Essentials for a Family Ski Holiday
- The Big (and Not So Big) Move
- The day Shawn Mendes taught my daughter an amazing life lesson
- 10 Things for kids to do in Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- The Croke Park Stadium Tour
- Tips for making the most of a day out at Tayto Park
- 10 Kids TV characters you will love to hate as a parent
Things to teach your child before they go into “big school”
Ok, I might be a little late with this one but hopefully with the joys of the Internet it will be around for many years to come and there may be a few out there who are not starting until Monday this year.
Many of our little ones head off to pre-school or Montessori or the equivalent and get very well prepared for ‘big school’. Nonetheless there are things we need to teach our kids before they go through that school gate.
1. Put their jacket on and off
2. Open (and close) their school bag
3. Open (and close) their lunch box
4. Use their drink bottle
5. Deal with toilet trips – when they can go, pulling pants up and down and wiping own bum!
6. How a day is structured in school
While many of these things may be already learnt, with the unfamiliar surroundings and nerves of the first day a little refresher is no harm!
Hopefully this will lead to a smoother transition into formal education!