- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City with Kids Part Two: Where We Stayed and Ate
- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City With Kids Part One: Getting There
- Our Family Trip to Berlin
- Packing Essentials for a Family Ski Holiday
- The Big (and Not So Big) Move
- The day Shawn Mendes taught my daughter an amazing life lesson
- 10 Things for kids to do in Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- The Croke Park Stadium Tour
- Tips for making the most of a day out at Tayto Park
- 10 Kids TV characters you will love to hate as a parent
When was taking a photo so hard?
My lovely little boy (3) got a passport when he was a baby. It was valid 3 years and expired last September. With hopeful plans to leave the country in 2013 we thought it a good idea to get a new one before the rush. As the 5th child passport to apply for I quickly filled out the necessary paperwork and cooly headed off to get the passport photos.
I could not have predicted what unfolded. TOTAL non co-operation. Maybe I need to contact the passport office and ask if they will accept a photo of the top of his head? Or one with his hands covering his face? I swear its him!
Having left the shop with no photo I headed for a walk to the other shops I needed to go before heading back for a second attempt with a new strategy! Bribe him with chocolate! (Original!)
Despite all attempts nothing worked. The shop assistant politely suggested I try to take it at home! Translated as “please get out now” 🙂
So unless I can think of something soon – could I prise his eyes open while asleep? – the poor Learner Mama family might not be leaving Ireland this year 🙁
All suggestions gratefully accepted!