- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City with Kids Part Two: Where We Stayed and Ate
- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City With Kids Part One: Getting There
- Our Family Trip to Berlin
- Packing Essentials for a Family Ski Holiday
- The Big (and Not So Big) Move
- The day Shawn Mendes taught my daughter an amazing life lesson
- 10 Things for kids to do in Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- The Croke Park Stadium Tour
- Tips for making the most of a day out at Tayto Park
- 10 Kids TV characters you will love to hate as a parent
I finished work yesterday. If you missed it I am going on two weeks annual leave and not returning as I am taking a year off. Since my first child was born I have always after my maternity leave returned to full time work. I am a WIPE – Working in Paid Employment. This is a term I have adopted from a poster on www.magicmum.com who coined the term. I like it.
But now I am WIPE’d out!
Life working full time in an office over an hours commute away and with three young kid who are split between school and creche with an aupair for good measure is hard. I am not enjoying it anymore. I had requested part time hours but it couldn’t be facilitated – it was all or nothing and I have now chosen nothing. Maybe someday I will get the worklife balance right. Having spent the last 9 months with the balance tipped towards the work, I am changing the balance in favour of the life!
Roll on my career break and my new life as a Stay at home mum! WIPE becomes SAHM!