- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City with Kids Part Two: Where We Stayed and Ate
- Our Whistle-stop Tour of New York City With Kids Part One: Getting There
- Our Family Trip to Berlin
- Packing Essentials for a Family Ski Holiday
- The Big (and Not So Big) Move
- The day Shawn Mendes taught my daughter an amazing life lesson
- 10 Things for kids to do in Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- The Croke Park Stadium Tour
- Tips for making the most of a day out at Tayto Park
- 10 Kids TV characters you will love to hate as a parent
Summer Hama beads
Since our lovely au pair introduced us to Hama beads on her arrival in Ireland in September 2012 we became big fans. She left us a year ago but we continue to get the beads out and find it a great rainy day activity.
My oldest girl is a big fan of Frozen (what 7-year-old girl isn’t!) and my little man is Mario mad.
I would love to say I am truly creative and can magic up a design but this is where Google helps out. A quick search of ‘Frozen Hama bead designs’ and we picked a lovely little trio design found on Pinterest.
For my boy our ‘Mario Hama beads’ search resulted in a cute design of Mario and Luigi holding hands.
They set straight to work. They are old enough to copy the designs and hours of activity later I was pretty impressed. I did help my little man with his. It was large and his attention span is small.
Once they were complete I ironed the beads and decided it would be nice to display them on the art wall in the playroom.
I have some lovely IKEA frames that are ideal for putting kids art work in. Once ironed and cooled down I glued the bead designs onto green card and popped into the frame.
I hope you agree they are very cute!!